Welcome

While I write this blog for me, I welcome readers and positive comments. I know that in the "bonus" "step" "blended" or what ever you want to call my family world there is a lot of negativity and depression. I'm just trying to find my way through this with some sanity and to help my fellow travelers who are are the same type of path. Life is not easy but then when things are easy they just don't feel right, I find you appreciate things more when you earn them (and food wise, the easy meal doesn't taste as good as the homecooked meal). So sit back and relax and join me in a glass of wine and share in what I am learning.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

All Good Things Must Come To An End

After no contact from SD for 2 months all of a sudden hubby gets an email from TM. SD wants to participate in a Foreign Exchange Student Program. They both went to a meeting last week and got information and questions answered about this program, DH was not informed of this meeting and he wasn't invited to attend. All of a sudden they want him to sign off on the program and they give him 24 hours to sign the paperwork. Any questions asked by DH  went unanswered or he was given cryptic responses. The program is for 11 months, August 2012 - June 2013. When he asked about how this would be paid for TM's response was:
"As for the expense if she is selected I will follow the divorce decree and I will not deny her of the oppurtunity."
It has been DH's position that unless SD gets a 3.0 GPA in school he would not pay for any extra activities. TM does know this, we have emails in which DH has told her this, we have a contract that SD signed that says she knows this, understands it, and agrees to it. It's why she didn't get to do Cheerleading two years ago and why she didn't get to go to Hawaii with DH paying for it last year.
This would be a wonderful opportunity for SD and DH and I fully support the ability to travel and see new things and to enrich your life, but not on our dime. Added to that, it's 3K from him in addition to paying $500 a month in child support. Who the hell do you think you're kidding!! In the 11 months SD is gone TM gets $5500 that she doesn't have to spend on food or clothing or school supplies or even medical insurance because the program takes care of all of that. The only thing the program doesn't cover is spending money and the flight to the country she starts off in. That's what the 3K goes to, freaking spending money and application fees and plane tickets. I do think Dh will sign if Tm agrees that he doesn't have to pay any of the costs, if not, then it's on TM. I'm mean hell, she makes $2500 off of the deal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment