Welcome

While I write this blog for me, I welcome readers and positive comments. I know that in the "bonus" "step" "blended" or what ever you want to call my family world there is a lot of negativity and depression. I'm just trying to find my way through this with some sanity and to help my fellow travelers who are are the same type of path. Life is not easy but then when things are easy they just don't feel right, I find you appreciate things more when you earn them (and food wise, the easy meal doesn't taste as good as the homecooked meal). So sit back and relax and join me in a glass of wine and share in what I am learning.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

My Life is a Fairy Tale???

Growing up I didn’t dream of being a stepmom. I didn’t dress up and go get my dolls from their mom’s house to play with them and then take them back to their mom’s house. I didn’t separate my weekends knowing that this weekend I would have my babies and next weekend I could play with my friends. I didn’t grow up thinking that the love of my life would have been married to someone else and I didn’t play Barbie with Ken having more than one family. I grew up believing I would grow up and become a princess. That changed and I wanted to be a doctor, a vet, a teacher, or many other professions. I never wanted to be a stepmom. I had a stepmom at 16 and I knew that I didn’t want to be that kind of a person. Little did I know that it wasn’t about being a stepmom, it was about the person who became the stepmom.
That being said, my life is a fairy tale because it seems I have magical powers.  I have to power to control minds. It seems that hubby had no choice when it came to leaving TM. Things were perfect between them and he was happy. Once I set my sites on him it was all over, because he had no choice. Ladies beware, I have this magical power and it doesn’t matter if your husband loves you and is devoted to you, because I have the power to make him fall in love with me and leave you. This is what TM has told her friends and family, to never leave their husbands alone in an area with me; I just might steal the husband away. I also have the power to make the things that the child has done disappear. Homework disappears after she has done it because it is my intention for her to fail her classes. Also, anything she has studied disappears from her brain after I help her because I want her to fail her tests. I also have the power to make what she has cleaned dirty again right after she cleaned. If she dusts I have the power to take that dust and spread it again just in the way it was. Oh maybe that is the power to control time for objects, making them revert to their dirty stage of before she cleaned. I’m not too sure about this power but I do know that the affect is that everything the child cleans or does looks like she never touched it when hubby checked on her. I am also able to get whatever I want whenever I want and I have the power to make people give me anything I want. Those are my powers; I only wished I knew how to use them at will. L
My life is a fairy tale because I’ve married a man that is a partner, friend, and lover. I don’t know that I would have met a person that was more in tune with me if I tried. I do know I could have found someone who would have made me happy without the problems created by the child, but I don’t know that he would understand me the way that hubby understands me. I can say that where we are today isn’t something that happened right away, it took work and a whole lot of communication and compromise, but the fact that we were both willing to work at it and we were both willing to compromise is what makes our relationship unique. No one ever said happily ever after was easy.

2 comments:

  1. Oh god yes! Totally understand! My partner and his ex had broken up, she was living with another man, and pregnant to him, when I met my partner. Apparently it's my fault they aren't together though, as when he started dating me, she came back and asked to get back with him, and he said no. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same magic powers. Maybe we should get together and hone them?

    ReplyDelete