Welcome

While I write this blog for me, I welcome readers and positive comments. I know that in the "bonus" "step" "blended" or what ever you want to call my family world there is a lot of negativity and depression. I'm just trying to find my way through this with some sanity and to help my fellow travelers who are are the same type of path. Life is not easy but then when things are easy they just don't feel right, I find you appreciate things more when you earn them (and food wise, the easy meal doesn't taste as good as the homecooked meal). So sit back and relax and join me in a glass of wine and share in what I am learning.

Monday, April 18, 2011

So Strange

This was a strange weekend for me. For some reason I can't stop thinking about things in our home in regards to SD not coming over. Next weekend I get to take my niece shopping for clothes for her birthday, something I've never done before, and I'm super excited. Her parents don't have a lot of money so I'm more then happy to be the one to spoil this little girl that has shown me nothing but love and affection and appreciation. Hubby and I plan to take her to dinner to a kid place that she has never been (due to her parent's finances) and hubby plans to take her to get a special toy and I plan to take her to some of the clothing outlet places, give her a budget, and let her pick things out and teach her how to spread her dollars. There is the expectation that she behave and appreciate what is given to her, which has NEVER been a problem in the past. She was so sweet when her mom and I were planning this, asking if she could bring her own money and buy special presents for her brother and sister, so they don't feel left out. She also asked me that maybe, if she can work for it, can she buy mommy something special as a thank you for putting togther her birthday. I swear this kid is so sweet, yes, she has her moments and has been a pill, even to me, and is hard headed, but the core of who she is amazes me. This little girl is part of a step family, she has a stepdad that she loves very much. She had a stepmom that she loved but stepmom left (she was young and didn't get along to well with dad). I guess I just wish that my own SD could be more like this child in my life and I know that is not fair to compare the two, I guess it is just a fanciful wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment