Welcome

While I write this blog for me, I welcome readers and positive comments. I know that in the "bonus" "step" "blended" or what ever you want to call my family world there is a lot of negativity and depression. I'm just trying to find my way through this with some sanity and to help my fellow travelers who are are the same type of path. Life is not easy but then when things are easy they just don't feel right, I find you appreciate things more when you earn them (and food wise, the easy meal doesn't taste as good as the homecooked meal). So sit back and relax and join me in a glass of wine and share in what I am learning.

Friday, March 4, 2011

And this insures your child has a relationship with her father?

Last night hubby was telling me about a phone conversation he was having with an ex-niece-in-law. She was telling him about Christmas when TM and SD go to someone in her family’s house to celebrate. I don’t know why TM is invited, it is actually her sister’s in-laws, but ever since the divorce she has latched onto that family because she knows that they are still on contact with hubby and have a good relationship with hubby and have started a relationship with me. We try so hard not to put them in the middle and to leave them out of the drama; it’s not worth losing the relationship with them. We will call her Sam, Sam and hubby were talking and it seems that Sam and her dad were telling the child how much her dad loves her and that the divorce didn’t change his love for her. TM comes up and tells them not to talk about hubby or me to SD as it only stresses her out. Sam asked why, and TM said she (meaning the child) doesn’t need to hear the lies and she (the child) knows that her father left her and married a whore (me). Talk about not interfering with the natural development for affection between the child and the parent.
Sam is really upset with the fact that she has to listen to TM at all the holiday functions talk crap about hubby and I and the child is always there (and the fact that her aunt is TM’s sister and they feel so sorry for TM for the divorce as she is such a great person…pfff). Sam understands that kids sometimes fight with their parents but with what is going on she sees TM pushing the child away from her father. Sam told TM that hubby was being a parent, something she might want to look into being. Sam and her dad are actually the best people in the world and they accept people for whom and what they are. They don’t put on airs and they are always there to help out. Sam was snubbed by TM and most of her family when she got married, as they did not approve of the man she was going to marry. It doesn’t matter, they have been together for years, have kids, and honestly, are the most amazing couple together. You can just see how much they love each other if you bother to look. Hubby and (we will call Sam’s husband Bob) Bob are friends and do a lot of things together. Bob would gladly tell TM off because of the things she says (mostly lies) and the things she does, but Sam will not let him. I honestly believe if Bob never saw TM again for the rest of his life he would be okay because of the way she has treated him, his wife, his mother-in-law, the child, and hubby. TM also accused Sam of having an affair with hubby because they were close (yes, being around someone since they were small and them growing up seeing you as a favored uncle means you want to sleep with the person). Sam was also recently in the hospital and no one knew but hubby and I. We were talking to Bob the whole time, asking if they needed anything and how Sam was and if we knew how bad things were we would have gone to see her, but when aunt and TM found out NOTHING was said. Sad really. But I’m the one that is evil and wicked. Pfff.

No comments:

Post a Comment