Welcome

While I write this blog for me, I welcome readers and positive comments. I know that in the "bonus" "step" "blended" or what ever you want to call my family world there is a lot of negativity and depression. I'm just trying to find my way through this with some sanity and to help my fellow travelers who are are the same type of path. Life is not easy but then when things are easy they just don't feel right, I find you appreciate things more when you earn them (and food wise, the easy meal doesn't taste as good as the homecooked meal). So sit back and relax and join me in a glass of wine and share in what I am learning.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Where I am today

Today I feel thankful for the fact that hubby and I have gotten better at communicating our needs to each other. We went to parent teacher conferences and we were able to learn a lot of things that are going on in the child's life, sadly the teachers have to let us know instead of TM, but if that is what it takes then that is what we will do. Two of her teachers agreed to keep up in the loop with weekly updates on her progress, as she is failing these classes and hubby and I were talking about pulling the child back. At least we are open to talking about it and listening to each other. We started this through counseling and have continued this to regular nights at home. I never though we had a problem with communication, but the fact that a lot of things I didn't say were eating at me it has been a very good thing. I guess sometimes these bad things that happen in our life open us up to good things coming out of it. Learn from life and change what isn't working. Anyway, just want to stay thankful today and love my hubby.

1 comment:

  1. I'm confused. How do you make use of this information gathered at parent-teacher conferences if the child is not welcome in your home? I don't imagine TM listening to your husband relay the information from school if she's not willing to go to the conferences herself. I just don't see the point in your husband being involved if he isn't willing to be a parent on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete