Welcome

While I write this blog for me, I welcome readers and positive comments. I know that in the "bonus" "step" "blended" or what ever you want to call my family world there is a lot of negativity and depression. I'm just trying to find my way through this with some sanity and to help my fellow travelers who are are the same type of path. Life is not easy but then when things are easy they just don't feel right, I find you appreciate things more when you earn them (and food wise, the easy meal doesn't taste as good as the homecooked meal). So sit back and relax and join me in a glass of wine and share in what I am learning.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Asking for what you want

Funny thing, Valentine's Day. Hubby and I don't really celebrated Valentine's Day. It's a day just like any other, as we try to show each other that we love each other every day. I did go out with him and get him a few new cars and a hotel for his train set and I ordered dinner and we will have a picnic on our living room floor (since it's raining and we cannot go to the the picnic place where hubby suprised me with a picnic when we were dating.) We do little things, of course it's not uncommon for us to do these kinds of things on a normal day out of the blue. One thing I did voice loudly was I wanted flowers today and I wanted FB status updates from him telling me he loves me. Yes, those things mean a lot to me and I wanted to make sure hubby understood that. I post on his wall but he's not always on FB so I remind him to do the little things. A friend reminded me, men are not mind readers, sometimes they need a kick in the butt and a note or one of us telling them DO THIS PLEASE. I can say this, I did get my FB update. :)

1 comment:

  1. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I've never 'placed an order' for flowers/gifts from my husband. It means more to me if it comes from his heart, not my mouth.

    ReplyDelete