Welcome

While I write this blog for me, I welcome readers and positive comments. I know that in the "bonus" "step" "blended" or what ever you want to call my family world there is a lot of negativity and depression. I'm just trying to find my way through this with some sanity and to help my fellow travelers who are are the same type of path. Life is not easy but then when things are easy they just don't feel right, I find you appreciate things more when you earn them (and food wise, the easy meal doesn't taste as good as the homecooked meal). So sit back and relax and join me in a glass of wine and share in what I am learning.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Karma and the Goodness of my Fellow Man

So today I was given the most incredible news. As everyone knows, the economy has been just a mess. People are lucky to have jobs! I have a college degree and with my hours and the work I do I wouldn't even think about looking for another job. I work with some of the most incredible people and I can take off at noon if I need to and not get docked. Yes, some weeks I work 50+ hours and some weeks I work less than 40, and we are friends as well as co-workers. So my boss tells me today that my co-worker has offered to give up his pay increase in order to give the money to me as a pay increase. He took a 1% pay increase so that I could have a 4.4% pay increase instead of a 2.7% pay increase. I did the same thing a few years back, so yes, this is the right thing to do, but I didn't do it to have it paid back, I did it so the company could pay the guy what he is worth and he's such a valuable co-worker to have. I have to say, yes, last year it was talked about and upper management said no, but this year there is no caps on what can be given (except the amount of money in the bucket) so we are crossing our fingers that it takes. And you know what, if it doesn't there are no hard feelings, the fact that the guy would put himself out there for me warms my heart!!! I am not going to protest or say no because when I did it I knew I was doing the right thing and for him to do it he must know it is the right thing. So, I thanked him from the bottom of my heart and was speechless, something I'm not very often. So all of you out there that don't believe you get what you put out, remember, it does come back, the good and the bad!!

1 comment:

  1. That is great news! You are a very lucky person to have such caring co-workers who appreciate you, and don't forget the kind deeds you have done for them.

    ReplyDelete