Welcome

While I write this blog for me, I welcome readers and positive comments. I know that in the "bonus" "step" "blended" or what ever you want to call my family world there is a lot of negativity and depression. I'm just trying to find my way through this with some sanity and to help my fellow travelers who are are the same type of path. Life is not easy but then when things are easy they just don't feel right, I find you appreciate things more when you earn them (and food wise, the easy meal doesn't taste as good as the homecooked meal). So sit back and relax and join me in a glass of wine and share in what I am learning.

Friday, February 18, 2011

How are you?

In the almost 3 years of being in this situation of trying to blend a family I've noticed that more and more people ask how hubby is and how SD is and how their relationship is. Only people that were my friends before the situation and who have seen SD for the person she really is inside would ask how I was doing. It's amazing how I became important when SD made her decision. People are now asking how I am doing. People are asking how I am coping. Hubby laughs at the fact that people are asking him how I am taking things. He has noticed that I am having a harder time with everything then he is, but after I found the little "present" left on the closet wall (I hate stepmom written on the wall), things have gotten easier for me to deal with. But I did not realize just how many people did not ask or seem to care about how I felt before. I've talked to other stepmoms and it seems like we disappear when we marry a man with children. It becomes more about the child and how they feel instead of how everyone else is doing. Funny how things work.

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel. It is like everyone is supposed to worry about DH and the kid... after all why do your feelings matter, you CHOOSE to enter into this situation. GAG.

    Glad you are dealing with things better. Sorry it took her writing that for that to happen.

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete