Welcome

While I write this blog for me, I welcome readers and positive comments. I know that in the "bonus" "step" "blended" or what ever you want to call my family world there is a lot of negativity and depression. I'm just trying to find my way through this with some sanity and to help my fellow travelers who are are the same type of path. Life is not easy but then when things are easy they just don't feel right, I find you appreciate things more when you earn them (and food wise, the easy meal doesn't taste as good as the homecooked meal). So sit back and relax and join me in a glass of wine and share in what I am learning.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Lovely Weekend

OMG. This weekend has been the best weekend so far. One thing of note, SD has not been home and will not come home tonight. It looks like hubby and I will have a weekend alone before I take off for a week for business and play. I'm spending 4 days at another work site and 3 days off playing with the girls. It's a MUCH needed girls weekend for the four ladies meeting up, and we have promised each other, one night of bitching and the rest of the time will be for relaxing and recharging, something EVERY stepmom should do for herself. I can say this for hubs, he doesn't really seem to care if SD comes over or not but he feels guilty that she's not here. It's a weird mix of feelings.
I was going to bitch about not being told the full truth about hubby's conversation with SD on Friday and the whole taking her places, but you know what, it doesn't matter. SD is mad at me for not driving and putting a cost on it, SD is mad at dad for not bending to her will. You know what, the only one that loses is SD because the less she is around the less I want her around, and her dad doesn't miss her like she thinks he should. SD was born a pawn, has been a pawn for her mom to use for the past 14 years, hubby is bonded with his child, but there is soooo much going on with loyalty binds and PAS that sometimes it is actually easier to let SD think the way her mom programs her to think instead of fighting it. I know the best thing for the child is to fight it, but really, she is 14, can she not make up her own mind about things? I know people out there think hubby is a dead beat dad, but he pays his child support, is at all the events he is told about (by TM and SD), and has always been there for his child. The issue is he has been treated like and ATM by TM and SD for the past 14 years, yes he put up with it and made it okay, but now it's not okay and he can't change it. But being treated that way for so long has ruined the emotional attachment and closeness he had with SD. I know, part of it is her being a teenager, but a lot is just because of how she was raised.
Anyway, I'm rambling now so I will go start dinner, yummm, for just hubby and me and we can have some quality alone time. :)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, it was actually pretty darn good to be connected before leaving for a trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoyed your trip!

    I think you're right, at some point and time, the kids have to mature enough to connect the dots and be reasonable. I have my kids 24/7 and they don't get extras or money if they're not treating me with respect.

    ReplyDelete