Welcome

While I write this blog for me, I welcome readers and positive comments. I know that in the "bonus" "step" "blended" or what ever you want to call my family world there is a lot of negativity and depression. I'm just trying to find my way through this with some sanity and to help my fellow travelers who are are the same type of path. Life is not easy but then when things are easy they just don't feel right, I find you appreciate things more when you earn them (and food wise, the easy meal doesn't taste as good as the homecooked meal). So sit back and relax and join me in a glass of wine and share in what I am learning.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday Sunday Sunday

So today I am all packed, the ticket is printed and Hubby put together 4 play list for the trip for me to listen to, something I asked him to do. Last night was wonderful and so was waking up late this morning. The dogs are freaking out (we have two 8 lbs. puppies, a boy and a girl) because they have seen the luggage come out and they know that I'm leaving. I'm really excited to get away. We watched Sex in the City 2 last night and something that I was thinking about is the fact that we are not a normal married couple. We have a SD, hubby's child, and we tried to have another, but with the fact that my hubby decided to have a vasectomy years ago we decided to go the route of sperm donor. I think this is a wonderful thing and we picked out someone close to hubby's ethnic background, but due to issues that I am having it looks like it is not to be. It is something that I am coming to terms with and hubby doesn't really have good or bad feelings. Of course, there are pros and cons to everything. One, hubby is many years older than me so having a child late in life means we don't get to travel and play as much, but then there is the fact that a child with me would be born and created out of love, not necessity or because we "have" to have one. Hubby knows I'm a different parent and a different person. I don't believe that children should be used as pawns, like his daughter is used. I also believe with my whole heart that both parents should be involved in their child's life, unless there is a danger to the child, no matter what. Well, time to get some work done since I will be in the air when reports and payroll is due. Have a great week! I know I am looking forward to mine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment